Friday, February 20, 2009

Best Oscar Speech Quotes



"This might be the one time I'm speechless",
Robin Williams, Best Supporting Actor 1997, Good Will Hunting



"I don't think means I am somebody ... but I guess I'm on my way"
Cher, Best Actress 1987, Moonstruck

" For anyone who has ever been on the downside of advantage, and relying purely on courage, well ... it is possibile. Thanks very much!"
Russell Crowe, Best Actor 2000, Gladiator






" I have wondered for twenty-six years what this would feel like. Thank you so much for terminating the suspense."
Shirley MacLaine, Best Actress 1983, Terms of Endearment


"This is the highlight of my day. Its all down hill from here."
Kevin Spacey, Best Actor 1999, American Beauty


"It is true what they say. There are some angels in this city"
Marion Cotillard, Best Actress 2007, La Vie En Rose


"In recent years there has been a lot of critism over these awards. I don't know whether it is justified, or not but I'm telling you, I consider this one hell of an honor and I am thrilled."
Jack Lemmon, Best Actor 1973, Save the Tiger


"Quid pro quo, doctor"
Jodie Foster, Best Actress 1991, The Silence of the Lambs (to her also victorious co-star Anthony Hopkins)


"I can't tell you how encouraging a thing like this is"
Ruth Gordon, 72 year old Best Supporting Actress 1968, Rosemary's Baby


"Could you double check the envelope?"
Martin Scorses, Best Director 2006, The Departed

"I'm just going to keep talking and you can play the music when my time is up. I promise I won't be mad"
Cuba Gooding Jr., Best Supporting Actor 1996, Jerry Maguire


I'd like to thank my parents for giving me the greatest gift of all, the gift of poverty."
Roberto Benigni, Best Foreign Film 1998, Life Is Beautiful

"They say patience is a viture. This was worth the wait"
Sean Connery, Best Supporting Actor 1987, The Untouchables


No comments: